Thursday 21 November 2013

Not-So-Spooky Halloween

I think that Halloween is a typical american party but I always liked the idea of having a ghost, a vampire and a wich sipping a green cocktail while listening to good music!

To make this not to just another party, I decide to envolve the family...


My husband did all the pumpking carving while my daughter and I did the creative work!


So the backdrop for the kid´s table was made while I taught my daughter some letter of the alphabet:



And we bought some interesting pumpinks to decorate too...



Later, they were "glittered":




I did some personalized cups for kids so they would use always the (one) same cup...





 The kid`s table turned out pretty good, I think.

Some orange pompoms, the letters backdrop and a bat garland that my daughter punched out.




Glittered pumpkins and carrot juice on the side...




Little coconut Ghosts!



Some candy and Oreos with sugarpaste pumpkins!




Mummy cheese sandwiches!




I did try to make healthy snacks...



and there was also carrot juice and simple milk...




By night, when the kid`s party was over, I served a dinner for the "grownups".

The carved pumpkin stayed outside, looking through the window...




 For the grownups table I decide to go for a wich`s house kind of thing...



You can find lots of great stuff in the web (he, he)... like these book covers and labels.
Just choose the right kind of bottles and it`s a hit!

I also included some mushrooms and eggplants, not only for the theme and color, but also because they are cheap and easy to find.



(and spiderwebs and fake spiders, of course!)



Candles are also a cheap decoration, specially when used, with dripping wax...



The sticks we have collected in a park the weekend before...
... fun and easy!






Simple food with decorative spiders







For dinner, I prepared some "Wich`s Hair" spaghetti:




Martha Stewart`s "Eggs of Newt" drink (lemonade):



Bloody Delicious Pavlova:



Pumpin Pie:



Milky Ghosts:



Wich`s Fingers:



Rotten Eggs
(boiled marbles eggs with black "caviar")



Fun! Fun! Fun!




Of course I was everywhere!






















No comments:

Post a Comment